Interested in Coming to Clearwater?

Below is all of the information you need to apply to become a student at Clearwater College. If at any point during the process you require assistance, please don't hesitate to contact the office using the information on our CONNECT page.

Along with the above forms, applicants also need to include the following with their applications.

  • APPLICABLE TRANSCRIPTS OR RECORDS OF GRADES (high school and/or college)

To ensure adequate time for processing we recommend that you apply at least 3 months prior to your start date. The approval process will only begin once we have your application in its entirety.

Completed applications, including reference forms, transcripts, and housing requests, may be emailed to:

or mailed to:

Clearwater College

Attention: Admissions

Box 100

Caroline, AB, T0M 0M0

Student Type Definitions

New Student - You have, or are in the process of, completing grade 12 and will be able to submit a complete provincial/state transcript with your application.

Transfer Student - You have completed a minimum of 24 credit hours from another post-secondary institution. You will need to provide a transcript from the previous institution.

Home School Graduate - You are eligible for admission as a new student if you supply written confirmation, such as a provincial transcript, that your grade twelve studies were registered with your province or state. If your courses were not registered, you may also be considered for admission on the basis of a Home Based School Transcript with details of Grades 11 & 12 courses taken, third-party exams taken and/or an educational portfolio listing courses taken with grades. For more information on Home School Graduate requirements, please contact the college.

Re-Entry Student - If you have been away from Clearwater College for more than one semester and you would like to return, you must reapply as if you are a New Student.

Mature Student - You are considered a Mature Student if you have been out of high school or any other post-secondary education for more than 3 years and are over the age of 21.

International Student - Non-Residents. We are a Designated Learning Institution for International Students. The Canadian government will issue student visas to students planning on attending Clearwater College after they have applied and been accepted into one of our Core-Programs. For more information, please contact the college. International students will need to have proof of travel/health insurance prior to travel and will be encouraged to use their student visa to apply for Alberta Health Care if they are staying in Canada for longer than 12 months. To find more information about how to apply for Alberta Health Care: Click Here.