International Student Services

We are a Designated Learning Institution for International Students. The Canadian government will issue student visas to students planning on attending Clearwater College after they have been applied and been accepted into one of our Core-Programs. For more information, please contact the college.

Upon acceptance, all students are emailed a confirmation of attendance form where they must indicate when and how they will be arriving in Alberta or onto campus. There will be an option to request transportation by the college from Edmonton International Airport or Calgary International Airport.

All international students are required to attend orientation, which takes place during the first academic week of the academic year. Topics that are vital for international students that will be covered are Writing and Study Skills, Library Use, Student Handbook and Safety Protocols.

If international students have further questions about academic matters or adjusting to life in Canada, they can schedule appointments with the Dean of Education or Vice President to provide one-on-one assistance.

Office and phone hours for Clearwater College and questions related to International Student Services are Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm MST.

Please be advised that is unlawful for us to provide advice or counsel on matters relating to immigration.


Housing consists of dormitory wings that are gender specific. Refer to the College Life section on our website. No other housing options are available for international students wishing to stay on campus.

Employment Opportunities

As a small private college, there are limited opportunities to work on campus during the school year or after completing your program. For further information regarding working as an International Student, please visit the Government of Canada Website

Access to Campus

We have a library with over 10,000 volumes related to faith-based studies. All students have access to this library on a daily basis from 7:00 am until 11:00 pm. All classrooms are available during these same hours to take classes, meet with professors or study. We also have a workout room, games room, gymnasium and multiple student lounges available during these same hours.

Mental Health and Counselling Services

If a student is in need of counselling, we highly recommend Burden Bearers or Shalom Counselling.

Social Services

If a student is in need of Social Services, we recommend FCSS.

Medical and Health

International students will need to have proof of travel/health insurance prior to travel and will be encouraged to use their student visa to apply for Alberta Health Care if they are staying in Canada for longer than 12 months. To find more information about how to apply for Alberta Health Care: Click Here. If a student is in need of a medical appointment we recommend the Sundre Medical Clinic.

Academic & Career Counseling

Due to the faith-based nature of our program, the Dean of Education is available to provide academic and career counselling.